Thursday, February 24, 2011

MMM... meatloaf!

Tonights dinner... yummy meatloaf. This is a dish my mother never made for my brother and I while we were growing up, but one I have learned to love once I moved out of the house! No fault of her own, she ate it too much as a kid, so I guess I understand!

Any how... this is easy...

Grocery Store:


-McCormick's meat loaf seasoning packet (usually found in pasta aisle, next to taco seasonings)
-(a few red potatoes- see end of recipe)...
-oh (and you could grab a McCormick gravy packet too... that makes it three times as good!)

Meat Loaf Seasoning Mix.ashx.jpgbrown gravy mix.ashx.jpg
And the rest of the recipe is on the back of the packet, so just make sure your fridge is stocked with the essentials:

2 eggs
1/2 Cup of Milk
1/4 Cup of dry bread crumbs
ketchup- for dipping if you prefer ( I like the gravy better)

and also grab 2lbs of ground beef

Recipe: 

Preheat oven 375 (bake for 1 hour )
Grab a mixing bowl and throw all the ingredients in it, except the ketchup. But if you do accidentally throw the ketchup in, dont sweat it, I have made that mistake before and it turned out great!

Any ways, mix it up, then toss it in a loaf pan. (If you don't have a loaf pan you can just use a baking sheet- just shape it as a loaf once its smack down on the sheet). 

And Bake!!! 

I love my meat loaf, but its not the same without mashed potatoes! 
I grab a couple of those small red potatoes in the produce department and boil them in a pot when I get home. Once you can stick a fork through them easily they are done (about 25 minutes or so). Then I mash them up, skin on and all... and add whatever I feel like.. a few pinches of salt, a scoop or two or sour cream, a dash of milk, some butter... really you can put anything in them to make it taste the way you like. 

And if your mother taught you well, you can add a green of some sort to this dish... its up to you!

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment